Saturday, August 1, 2015

I’m basically fluent now



Cream Soda Tree
Actually, I'm not. Sorry I shouldn't lie as a missionary. Well actually no one should lie ever. Ok. I'm not actually fluent now. But here goes another WEEKLY E-MAIL

Hello my beloved family and friends. You are all awesome!! I am loving the MTC! This week I discovered a tree that smells like cream soda. Me and my companion usually go smell it before we go to class. It smells really good. 

Classes are really long! It’s pretty cool though ‘cause I can pretty much understand everything the teachers say. I just can't speak on my own. Haha That’s ok though it will come! 

These past few weeks I was in the MTC Choir! That was awesome! I really enjoyed it. Last week we sang A Child’s Prayer. It was a good time. The choir director talked a lot about how we are all God's children. It made me so pumped to go help out my literal brothers and sisters in Argentina. There have been a few times this week were I am just incredible fired up to go share the gospel!!

I really like the devotionals here at the MTC They are really powerful. The spirit is always really strong. After the Sunday night devotional we get to watch a movie. Last week we watched Meet the Mormons. It was weird watching the missionary. I thought “wait a minute! I already know what that is like. That's crazy."

This week I had a very special experience! I got to play the cello!!!! They have two of them here in the MTC! I checked out some music and gave it a try! It was so relaxing to be able to play again. I might try and play during a sacrament meeting. Plus the cello was really pretty! I love playing the cello, but I don't know how many opportunities I will have down at the end of the world, so I'm going to get it in now!

Last thought. Prayer works. Thursday is the hardest day in the MTC. You have to wake up at 6 and there is a 4 hour class block. Usually you are the most tired that day. I prayed that I would have the strength and diligence to work hard, and I made it! I wasn't even that tired! Pray! God wants to hear from you!

Alright I love you all very much! Peace out!!

Love,
Elder Himes

No comments:

Post a Comment