Saturday, August 8, 2015

Another week in the Happiest Place on Earth


Grandma & Grandpa Olson sent a Package!
Everyone says that it's Disneyland. Not even true. It is the MTC

Hello Family and Friends! It’s so good to see you! Ha psych! not really. But it is really good to write you. Everyone I had an incredible week! AHH

First of all when I was in the choir this week guess who we sang for? President Nelson! Woah! He was our Tuesday night speaker! He was incredible!!! The spirit was so strong! He talked about how we can become epistles to the lord! I wish I had my notes with me so I could share! But it was a good time!!! When he was getting ready to leave I was so sad! It felt incredible to even be in the same room as him!

Sam found Spencer Sandburg in the Cafeteria
So I think I have made it with Spanish! Apparently  I woke up in the middle of the night, turned on my flash light and said "Papa, estoy aqui" and then went back to bed! My companion and I made a goal to only speak Spanish from when we leave the apartment to when we come back. It is really hard but I'm getting a little better each day!

Last night we watched a short film that takes place in Argentina. It was about ten minutes long. I understood give or take 15 words! Wow! This is going to be an adventure! I think that the next time I e-mail I will have my flight plans!

Spiritual thought of the e-mail. I have been thinking a lot about Charity. And I had a thought. If you are only being Christ like to the people that it is easy to be Christ like too, is that really Charity? I don't think so. I feel that Charity is love past it's breaking point, meaning loving someone even though they don't make it easy. This is why it is a gift from God. We need to be praying for it cada dia. (That is Espanol for every day). 

Family, Friends I love you all very much! Thank you all for your support! You are incredible! Remember to keep moving forward! Every day find some way to be the hands of Christ! Until next week! 

Love,
Elder Himes



P.S. Big shout out to my brother Benjamin. It was his birthday this week! Even if you don't know him message him on face book!

No comments:

Post a Comment