Monday, September 7, 2015

Wind!

There is a lot of wind here!

Hello Beloved family and friends!

Life is pretty good here down at the end of the world! We have been doing work down here. I am tired a lot of the time! But its all good! The members down here are really really nice. So nice that I'm probably going to get fat really soon! But I guess there are worse things that can happen.

This week our water shut off for a few days! It felt good to take real shower after a few days of bucket showers! 

This Sunday I went up and introduced myself in front of the branch and bore my testimony. It was pretty cool. I think its awesome that you can still feel the spirit even in broken Spanish. 

It was a good week! I love you all, have an excellent week!!!

Love,
Elder Himes

Bonus Info from a letter to Mom with more information about travels:

We flew into Buenos Aires. When we landed we had no Idea how to get down to Comodoro. We met up with a big group of missionaries and we were all just waiting there to see how we were going to get down there. Then these random people that I didn't know told me to get into this semi creepy looking van, so I did. And then they drove us to another airport. When we got to the airport we were just kind of standing on the sidewalk chilling, cause we still didn’t know what to do. And then a bus of Latino missionaries drove up and we met up with a few other missionaries going to our mission. Only one of them spoke English, so we all kind of translated through him.

Then we got on another plane to Comodoro. I slept to whole way, except when I was eating Argentinean candy, which is really good!

Then we landed in Comodoro and no one was there.

We waited, and no one was there.

And then still no one was there!

So told everyone that I had presidents number (Cause I was travel leader) and we called him. Apparently, they thought we were going to arrive like two hours later. Ha! So we met the APs and put our stuff in their trucks and started driving. They drove us around Comodoro and then we went to go do street contacting. I’ll be honest, it was so scary! But it was good! I just don’t know Spanish. It’s fine!

Then we slept in some other Elder’s pension (apartment). Next day we did some training and all of the trainers came in and we ate ravioli for lunch with them. Then they assigned us to our areas and companions! Elder Boyd is awesome! He is from Florida and has a year in the mish. After that we kind of just waited for a bit until we took a bus to our area, and didn't really get to bed until midnight! It was like a three hour bus ride. 

The First Pension (Apartment)


No comments:

Post a Comment