Monday, January 2, 2017

A New Year and a New Life

Hey there team! How is it going! We had a great week! 

This New Years was probably one of the most special ones I've ever had. Because on the 31st of December 2016, Amalia, one of our investigators, made the decision to be baptized. Amalia is a women that has known about the church for a long time. Natalia, her oldest daughter, was baptized several years ago and went inactive for a while. My trainer Elder Boyd, while he was in this area, started helping her come back to church. And that is when we started teaching her mom, Amalia. A few weeks ago, we talked with Amalia, and she choose her own baptismal date -  the 31. My comp and I have been working like crazy with her. She had her ups and downs, but she made it!!!! It was so incredible. The next day in church she said that a goal that she had is that each one of her kids would make it to the baptismal font. It really was the best way we could spend new years, helping someone start a new life. 

I know that this is the Lord's work. I'm so happy to be here. I know that this gospel is the only way that we can become and eternal family. There is nothing that is more important than this gospel. 

I hope that you guys all had a great New Years.

Other things that happened that were cool, but not quite as cool as the baptism. President let us watch Zootopia. That was fun. And a sweet family invited us over for New Years dinner. At midnight we had a giant foam fight with all of the family. 

Love you guys a  lot!

Love,
Elder Himes 










No comments:

Post a Comment