Monday, February 1, 2016

Glaciobar

Hola team! 

I'm doing really good down here. Although I think that this week has been the hottest week I've had down here in Argentina! But its all good, I'm going to appreciate it cause pretty soon its going to be cold down here!

We had a really good week down here. Lots of miracles. This week we found a really awesome family from Bolivia. They are some extremely humble people. The mom told us that she had to start working when she was 8 years old when her dad died. Right now there are 6 people there living in a tiny house with a giant garden out in front. When we found them they were cooking fish, it was pretty obvious that they didn't have a lot. They didn't even know us, but they gave my comp and I a bowl of rice and fish to eat with them. It was a very humbling experience. 

Today we all went to the Glaciobar. It is a room that is made completely of ice. And, crazy news, it was really really cold! I went in a short sleeved shirt. Hmm, not my best Idea. But it was really cool. They gave us cups made out of ice, and we could drink as much coca cola as we wanted. Fun stuff.

Team! I'm loving the mission. There is no place I'd rather be. I know now more than ever that God loves his childeren so much, The gospel is the only way to true happiness. Because of the attonment of Christ, everything is stacked in our favor to win. We just need to let go of our pride and accept him. I love you guys so much! Keep on being awesome, and have a great week!

Love,

Elder Himes

No comments:

Post a Comment