Monday, June 5, 2017

The Last Consejo

Hey there Everyone. This week we had my last meeting of consejo. When people in the mission are finishing the mission they always give their "final testimony". In the last meeting with president, I had to think a little bit about what I've leaned here on the mission. 

I thought a little bit about when my stake president set me apart as a full time missionary. He said, "I hope that your mission is so hard that It drives you to your knees." 

I don't think I understood what he was saying at the time, but through my time here I've grown to understand it. My mission has been really hard, for so many reasons. And through it all it has driven me to my knees time and time again. And that has helped me realize how much I depend on Christ. 

If it weren't for Him I would be nothing. I have come to know him so much more here. I'm so grateful that my mission has been hard. I'm so grateful that I fell to my knees. 

I love you all so much. I hope that this week you can all fall to your knees and get to know your savior a little more.

Love,
Elder Himes




No comments:

Post a Comment